December 17th, 2018
2019 Design Trends-CTV Your Morning Toronto
2019 is the year of “more is more”! Having courage in decor is the key to pulling off the hottest new looks. Keep what you already have and embellish!
1. Statement Furniture. One easy way to add statement furniture to existing rooms is to incorporate upholstered pieces with pattern, this is easily done with accent chairs or go bold with a fully upholstered patterned sofa. (chair Urban Barn)
2. Add drama and interest to any room with the patterned wallpaper. Wallpaper is for any style and is super hot for 2019. Not sure where to start? Try a powder room first. ( Drop it Modern Wallpaper)
3. Mix metals. Continuing with our more is more theme for 2019-mixing metals is celebrated and intentional! We can mix metals in our door handles, faucets and even flatware (Gourmet Settings)
4. There are some popular paint colours that will help you update your home in the coming year. Benjamin Moore’s colour of 2019 is Metropolitan AF-690
which looks gorgeous paired with trending jewels tones. (3 painted boards)
5. Accessorize with pattern: Mix of fun decor items and patterned pillows (H&M Home)
6. Have fun with decor and add a touch of whimsy: (Homesense Accessories)
Link to episode is here.